Terms of Service
Welcome to Sidewalk Group, Inc. These Terms of Service (“Terms”) are a binding contract between you (“you” or “your”) and Sidewalk Group, Inc., dba Butter, (“we”, “us” or “our” or “Butter”) with respect to our websites at www.butterinsure.com and its subdomains (“Sites”) through which we offer our products and services (together with our Sites, our “Services”).
Before you click on the “Save and Continue” button or use our Services, read these Terms carefully. By clicking on the “Save and Continue” button or using our Services, you are agreeing to be bound by and are becoming a party to these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have the authority to enter into these Terms on behalf of any group or entity you represent. You hereby covenant to ensure that all users that gain access to our Services from you are bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, then do not click “Save and Continue” and do not access and/or use our Services.
Additionally, by clicking "Save and Continue", you agree to transact with us electronically. This means you agree to receive electronically all disclosures, communications, notices, and other information that we may send to you or be required to send to you under applicable law or otherwise pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth below.
1. Scope of Services
We offer our Services as an insurance agent for small businesses. In addition, our Services allow users to understand the impact of their insurance premium payments on their business credit score information as provided by CSIdentity Corporation (“Experian”). We are not an insurance provider or a credit reporting company, and we are not responsible for the provision of insurance policies. We may alter, suspend, discontinue, or subcontract our Services in whole or in part, at any time and for any reason, without notice. Our Services may also periodically become unavailable due to maintenance or malfunction of computer equipment or for other reasons. To use our Services, you must have a computer with Internet access that can access our Sites or a compatible mobile device enabled with our application.
If you choose to use our Services, you agree to (i) designate Butter as your agent of record; (ii) authorize Butter to communicate such designation as agent of record to any applicable insurance carrier or credit reporting agency, your prior insurance producer, and any other person or entity Butter determines should be advised; (iii) work exclusively with Butter for such Services unless we have otherwise expressly agreed; and (iv) permit Butter to receive any commission or other form of compensation that any insurance carrier agrees to pay in connection with the provision of Services. You understand and agree that, by enrolling for our Services, you have provided “written instructions” in accordance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act, as amended (“FCRA”), for Butter to obtain your credit report and/or credit score(s) on a recurring basis to provide them to you while you have an account with us, and such information may be obtained from Experian Information Solutions, Inc., and/or Dun & Bradstreet, Inc. (“Credit Bureaus”) or any other credit reporting company. You understand and agree that, pursuant to such authorization, we may access your credit profile, including without limitation, your credit report, credit score(s) and other related information, to, among other things, verify your identity and to provide credit monitoring, credit scoring, credit score monitoring and tracking, or alerts for, among other things, new accounts, inquiries, other changes to information contained in your credit report. You understand and agree that, by enrolling for our Services, you have provided express consent to receive credit monitoring, credit scoring, credit score monitoring and tracking and/or alerts. You understand and agree that we may, from time to time, provide additional products, services, features, and/or functionality to you, and that they shall be offered pursuant to the same authorization that you provided to us for Butter to obtain your credit report and/or credit score(s) on a recurring basis to provide them to you to review while you have an account with us.
3. Login Credentials; Communications
Acknowledgment for You to Receive Communications. You hereby agree:
- To receive communications, including emails, text messages, push notifications, mail and telephone calls, that are related to the Services.
- That any communications from us may also include marketing materials from us or third-parties.
- That any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically are deemed to satisfy any legal communication requirements.
You may opt-out from receiving our marketing communications by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or selecting to unsubscribe as may be provided in the applicable correspondence.
We may record and monitor any telephone or electronic communications with you for quality or security purposes, to evidence your transactions or communications with us, or to comply with applicable law.
4. Fees and Payments
- Access to our Site is free. If you choose to purchase third-party products or services through our Services, the price of such products or services will be provided to you prior to completing your purchase.
- Payment Methods and Currency. You agree that we may charge your payment method for any products or services you purchase through our Services (including but not limited to any additional premium, taxes, payment processing fees and late fees, as applicable). All payments must be made in United States Dollars.
- Service Fees. As per your signed Fee Consent Agreement and Disclosure, you may be charged a service fee, separate from the premium and commission that Butter may receive. The products and issues involved in understanding, evaluating, purchasing and managing your polices are complex and involve advice specific to your needs. You are under no obligation to purchase any insurance product in exchange for receiving these services. This Service Fee is fully earned upon binding each of your insurance policy(ies), whether you pay it in full at policy bind and at each renewal, or 50% with your initial payment and the remaining amount over the life of the policy(ies). This fee is not refundable.
- Payment Processing Fees. Separate from any broker fees and/or fees for third-party products or service you may be charged, when applicable, a Payment Processing Fee charged to handle the electronic verification and initiation of Electronic Fund Transfers ("EFT") into the ACH system on your behalf will be charged per installment depending on the plan you have selected. This fee is not part of your premium.
- Refunds. Except as may be expressly set forth on our Site from time to time or as required by applicable law, we have no obligation to provide refunds or credits.
5. Cancellation Policy
Policy premiums paid in full:
- You may contact us to cancel your insurance policy at any time by messaging email@example.com. Cancellation requests submitted via email will require additional documentation including but not limited to signing a Cancellation Request/Lost Policy Release (LPR) form. Your policy will be canceled on the date requested in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy and you will no longer have coverage after that date. If you wish to avoid a gap in coverage, you must take appropriate action prior to your current policy's cancellation date. When you cancel your insurance policy, you may be subject to certain charges and fees as set forth by insurance laws and regulations. Any refunds due, less any premium or other amount owed, will be returned to your address on file or to your card/bank account on file within 60 business days of the cancellation. WE ARE NOT OBLIGATED, AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT, TO ANY CREDIT, REFUND, FOR ANY CANCELLATION BEYOND THE TERMS SET FORTH IN YOUR INSURANCE POLICY AND AS PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
Policy premium financed through 3rd party company:
- Your insurance policy premiums are paid on a regular billing period based on the payment plan you selected at the time of purchase. You may contact us to cancel your insurance policy at any time by messaging firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation requests submitted via email will require additional documentation including but not limited to signing a Cancellation Request/Lost Policy Release (LPR) form. Your policy will be canceled on the date requested in accordance with the terms and conditions of the policy and you will no longer have coverage after that date. If you wish to avoid a gap in coverage, you must take appropriate action prior to your current policy's cancellation date.
- When you cancel your insurance policy, you may be subject to certain charges and fees as set forth by the finance company and as set forth by insurance laws and regulations. For financed policies, any refund due to you will be remitted to you by the premium finance company once the premium finance company is notified, by the insurance carrier, that the policy has been canceled. This process can take up to 60 days. Therefore, your account may be debited for any payments due on that loan within those 60 days. WE ARE NOT OBLIGATED, AND YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT, TO ANY CREDIT, REFUND, FOR ANY CANCELLATION, INCLUDING EARLY CANCELLATION BEYOND THE TERMS SET FORTH IN YOUR INSURANCE POLICY AND AS PERMISSIBLE BY LAW.
- Your coverage will cease on the date and time that the cancellation is processed by the insurance carrier. However, you are still subject to the terms and conditions of your premium finance agreement which may require you to make payments after your original request to cancel and before the time of your refund.
6. Prohibited Conduct
We reserve the right, without prior notice and in our sole discretion, to decide whether your use of our Services violates these Terms for any of the above or below reasons or for any other reason, and if we do so, we may terminate your access to our Services.
You shall not, and shall not authorize or facilitate any attempt by another person to use our Services to:
- Damage, disable, overburden, impair or interfere with any other party's use of our Services.
- Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available through our Services.
- Use false or misleading information in connection with your user account or impersonate any other person living or dead, (you acknowledge that we reserve the right to disable any user account with a profile that we reasonably believe is false or misleading, including a profile that impersonates a third-party).
- Harass, threaten, stalk or intentionally embarrass or cause distress to another person or entity.
- Exploit children under 18 years of age.
- Invade the privacy of any person, including without limitation posting personally identifying or otherwise private information about a person without their consent (or their parent's consent in the case of a child under 13 years of age).
- Create a false identity or engage in fraudulent activities.
- Circumvent, remove or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of our Services, features that prevent copying or using any part of our Services or features that enforce limitations on the use of our Services or Butter content.
- Introduce viruses, worms, Trojan horses and/or harmful code to our Services.
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other automated device, process, or means to access, retrieve, scrape or index any portion of our Services or any content available through our Sites.
We reserve the right to consider other conduct to be prohibited; the restrictions above are intended to be illustrative.
7. Intellectual Property Rights
You agree and acknowledge that the structure, organization and code used in conjunction with our Services are proprietary to us. You shall not, and shall not permit any person or entity to: (i) use our Services on a service bureau, time-sharing or any similar basis, or for the benefit of any other person or entity; (ii) alter, enhance or make derivative works of our Services or any content available through the foregoing; or (iii) reverse engineer, reverse assemble or decompile, or otherwise attempt to derive, source code from our Services. You shall not sell, transfer, publish, disclose, display or otherwise make available our Services including any modifications, enhancements, derivatives and other software and materials provided hereunder by us or copies thereof to others in violation of these Terms.
Unless otherwise noted, all Butter content contained on our Services is the property of us and/or our affiliates or licensors, and is protected from unauthorized copying and dissemination by United States copyright law, trademark law, international conventions and other intellectual property laws.
By using our Services, you hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless us and our officers, directors, employees and agents from any claims, damages, losses, liabilities and all costs and expenses of defense (collectively, “Claims”), including without limitation attorneys' fees, resulting directly or indirectly from a claim by a third-party that arises in connection with (i) your posting of any content, (ii) your use of our Services, and/or (iii) any user or other third-party's use of any content that you post to our Services. At our option, you agree to defend us from any such Claims.
9. Third Party Sites
Our Services may contain links to third-party sites, which are independent of us and not under our control. These links are provided to you as a convenience, and we are not responsible for the content of any linked third-party site. In addition, a link to any third-party site does not imply that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or use of such site.
10. Limitation of Liability
"As is." Our Services and all content on or accessible from our Services are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular puprose and non-infringement. Specifically, but without limitation, we do not warrant that: (i) the information available through our Services is free of errors; (ii) the functions or services provided by our Services will be uninterrupted, secure, or free of errors; (iii) defects will be corrected or (iv) that our servers or the server(s) taht make our Services available are free of viruses or other harmful components. Limitations. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by the failure of our Services to operate as intended, your reliance on information from our Services, information provided by another user or by your use of our Services. It is your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through our Services.
Butter is not an insurance underwriter nor an insurance company. Butter does not make any representations or warranties regarding the quotes, terms, rates, coverage or services offered to you by insurance companies through our Services. Butter does not guarantee that the quotes, fees, terms, rates coverage or services offered by insurance companies through our Services are the best available.
The information provided through our Services is only a general description of insurance coverage that might be available for you to purchase. the precise coverage provided to you by any insurance company is subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and company underwriting guidelines of the insurance policy issued to you by the applicable insurance company. The insurance policy you purchase, and not the general information made available through our Services, forms the contract between you and the insurance company. if you have any questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com to obtain advice from one of our licensed professionals before making any coverage decision. Our aggregate liability for all claims arising from these Terms shall not exceed $100.00. Exclusions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations may not apply to you but shall instead apply to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- Disclaimer. Neither we, Experian, nor any of our and their respective affililates shall have any liability to you as an agent in obtaining copies of your personal credit report, credit alert report, quarterly update, or credit score. Neither we, Experian, nor any of our and their respective affiliates or credit information subcontractors make any warranty, express or implied, for the accuracy of the information contained in or provided in conjunction with our Services. In no event shall we, Experian, or our or their respective affiliates be liable to you, any other user of our Services, third-party providers or any other person or entity for any special, incidental, punitive, consequential, exemplary or other direct or indirect damages (including without limitation damages for loss of profits, loss of data, loss of use or costs of obtaining substitute goods or services) arising out of the performance of the Services or your request, use, attempted use, inability to use, unauthoried access to or use or misuse of our Services, your contact information, content or any information contained theron, whether based upon warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. Neither we, nor any of our respective affiliates or credit information subcontractors are responsible for negative factual information contained in any reports you receive as part of the Services. Our Services are not a credit counseling service and do not promise to help you obtain a loan or improve your credit record, history, or rating. This Section ("Disclaimer") shall survive any termination, cancellation, or expiration of these Terms.
- Release from Liability. You release, to the fullest extent permitted by law, Butter, its directors, officers, members, employees, representatives, consultants, agents, suppliers and/or distributors from responsibility, liability, claims, demands and/or damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with (i) disputes between or among users; (ii) third-party sites, products and services, including without limitation insurance policies; and (iii) claims relating to the unauthorized access to any data communications or content stored under or relating to your account, including unauhorized use or alterationof such communications or your content. You hereby waive the applicability of California Civil Code Statute 1542, and any simiilar statute or principle of common law. California Civil Code Statute 1542 says: "A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor."
- California Users. If you are a California resident, we are required to inform you that you may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs via mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800)952-5210. Hearing-impaired users can reach the Complaint Assistance Unit at TDD (800)326-2297 or TDD (916)322-1700.
12. Void Where Prohibited
Our Services are intended only for users located in those states in the United States in which Butter or any of its affiliates are licensed insurance agents or brokers. Our Services are not intended as a solicitation for insurance in any state where Butter or any of its affiliates are not licensed. Although our Services may be accessible in other geographic locations, the features, products, or services discussed, referenced, provided, or offered as part of the Services are only available to users in the United States. We reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the provision and quality of any feature, product or service to any person or geographic location. Any offer for any feature, product or service made available through our Services is void where prohibited by law.
Modifying and Terminating Service
We may terminate your access to our Services, in our sole discretion, for any reason and at any time, upon electronic notice to you at your registered email address. You agree that we are not liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your access to our Services. We may change and update our Services from time to time. We may add or remove features including without limitation making free services into paid services and vice versa. You may terminate these Terms at any time by ceasing to use our Services. Termination of these Terms will have no effect on any insurance policies you purchase in connection with our Services
Accrued obligations and all provisions of these Terms that by their nature will survive any termination of these Terms.
16. Unsolicited Ideas and Feedback.
We welcome your feedback, ideas and suggestions (collectively, “Suggestions”). If you send us any Suggestions, you agree that: (i) your Suggestion(s) become our property and you are not owed any compensation in exchange; (ii) none of the Suggestion(s) contain confidential or proprietary information of any third-party; (iii) we may use or redistribute Suggestion(s) for any purpose and in any way; (iv) there is no obligation for us to review your Suggestion(s); and (v) we have no obligation to keep any Suggestions confidential.
Governing Law; Dispute Resolution
We may provide you notice to the email address you provide to Butter during the registration process. Notice shall be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration or purchase process and you may give us notice to the address set forth on our Site as our address. In such case, notice shall be deemed given three days after the date of mailing.
These Terms, and any dispute between you and us, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York without regard to principles of conflicts of law that would result in the application of the law of any other jurisdiction, except that the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of the arbitration provisions set forth below. Unless you and we agree otherwise, in the event that Agreement to Arbitrate; Waiver of Class Action Section is found not to apply to you or to a particular claim or dispute, either as a result of your decision to opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate (as defined below) or as a result of a decision by the arbitrator or a court order, you agree that any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and us must be resolved exclusively by a state or federal court located in New York, New York, except that you or we are permitted (i) to bring small claims actions in state court in the county in which you reside if such court has a small claims procedure; (ii) to bring claims for injunctive relief in any court having jurisdiction over the parties; or (iii) to seek enforcement of a judgment in any court having jurisdiction over the parties. To the extent permitted by law, you and we agree to waive trial by jury in any court proceeding.
Agreement to Arbitrate; Waiver of Class Action
You may opt-out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. If you do so, neither you nor we can require the other to participate in an arbitration proceeding. To opt-out, you must notify us in writing within thirty (30) days of the date that you first became subject to this arbitration provision. The opt-out notice must state that you do not agree to the Agreement to Arbitrate and must include your name, address, phone number, your Butter account to which the opt-out applies and a clear statement that you want to opt-out of this Agreement to Arbitrate. You must sign the opt-out notice for it to be effective. This procedure is the only way you can opt-out of the Agreement to Arbitrate. You must use this address to opt-out:
Sidewalk Group, Inc., ATTN: Arbitration Opt-out, 1222 SW 47th St., Cape Coral, FL, 33904.
Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, you and we agree that if we make any change to the Arbitration Procedures (other than a change to any notice address or Sites link provided herein) in the future, that change shall not apply to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of the change. Moreover, if we seek to terminate the Arbitration Procedures from these Terms, such termination shall not be effective until thirty (30) days after the version of these Terms not containing the Arbitration Procedures is posted to our Sites, and shall not be effective as to any claim that was filed in a legal proceeding against us prior to the effective date of removal.
In accordance with the Modifying and Terminating Services Section , this Agreement to Arbitrate will survive the termination of your relationship with us. Licensed Entity. SWG Agency, LLC, a subsidiary of Butter, is licensed as an insurance broker or agent in 48 U.S. states. None of the Sites are intended as a solicitation for insurance in any state or province where SWG Agency, LLC is not licensed. Applications Do Not Bind Insurance. Submitting an application for an insurance quotation through our Sites does not constitute a binder of insurance coverage, although it may be used by Butter to provide an estimate of the terms, conditions, and costs of coverage. A quotation may be subject to receipt of additional information or other conditions. No Underwriting Services. Insurance companies decide to offer, renew, cancel of non-renew insurance coverage or otherwise provide customers with the requested insurance products. Butter does not provide any underwriting services and is not responsible or liable for any resulting loss. VantageScore 3.0 Credit Score Disclosure. VantageScore 3.0 with scores ranging from 300-850, is a user-friendly credit score model developed by the three major nationwide credit reporting agencies, Experian(R), TransUnion(R), and Equifax(R). VantageScore 3.0 is used by some but not all lenders. Higher scores represent a greater liklihood that you'll pay back your debts so you are viewed as being a lower credit risk to lenders. A lower score indicates to lenders that you may be a higher credit risk. There are three different major credit reporting agencies, Experian, TransUnion, and Equifax that maintain a record of your credit history known as your credit file. Credit score are based on the information in your credit file at the time it is requested. Your credit file information can vary from agency to agency because some lenders report your credit history to only one or two of the agencies. So, your credit scores can vary if the information they have on file for you is different. Since the information in your file can change over time, your credit scores also may be different from day-to-day. Different credit scoring models can also give a different assessment of the credit risk (risk of default) for the same consumer and same credit file. There are different credit scoring models which may be used by lenders and insurers. Your lender may not use VantageScore 3.0 so don't be surprised if your lender gives you a score that is different from your VantageScore (and your VantageScore 3.0 may differ from your score under other types of VantageScore). Just remember that your associated risk level is often the same even if the number is not. For some consumers, however, the risk assessment of VantageScore 3.0 could vary, sometimes substantially, from a lender's score. If the lender's score is lower than your VantageScore 3.0, it is possible that this difference can lead to higher interest rates and somtimes credit denial.
You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under these Terms in whole or in part to any third-party without our written consent. These Terms shall bind and inure to the benefit of the parties to these Terms and their respective successors, permitted transferees and permitted assigns. We and you are independent contractors and are not partners, joint venturers, agents, employees or representatives of the other party. These Terms contain the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the transactions and matters contemplated herein, supersede all previous communications, understandings and agreements (whether oral or written) other than any click-through or end-user license agreement provided by us, and cannot be amended except by a writing signed by both parties or by our posting of an amended version of these Terms on our Sites. The headings and captions used in these Terms are used for convenience only and are not to be considered in construing or interpreting these Terms. If any part of these Terms is held to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. The failure of Butter to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If you are less than 18 years old, you are not authorized to use our Services .
For additional information. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org./ p>
Copyright © 2022, Sidewalk Group, Inc., All Rights Reserved.
Updated: October 2023.